Data Protection & Privacy Pros Forum
The New Israel Privacy Protection Guidelines – Practical Aspects
This year, and the years to come, will be very interesting for data protection and privacy pros.
“The Information Security Regulations” published by the Ministry of Justice and the upcoming EU GDPR represent sweeping changes and new obligations on global organizations and their handling of personal data.
The evolution of Israeli privacy regulation is well connected to the current global data protection turmoil.
As data-driven and web-based services constitute a large portion of the Israeli Hi-Tech industry, preparations for both the GDPR and the new Information Security Regulations are key to their ability to continue their local and international activities.
The Protection of Privacy Authority has become increasingly active this year and we expect to see more guidelines and enforcement activities, backed by an effort by the Ministry of Justice to push forward a bill which will increase dramatically the Authority’s enforcement powers, including the ability to impose millions of Shekels in fines.
The Data Protection and Privacy Pros Forum invite you to join our next exciting meeting of the IAPP-Knowledgenet TLV: The New Israel Privacy Protection Guidelines – Practical Aspects, at Cyber Week 2018.
Schedule and Program
- 15:00 – 15:30 Welcome Reception.
- 15:30 – 15:40 IAPP – KnowledgeNet TLV – Welcome note
- 15:40 -16:15 Boots on the ground- Actual implementation challenges – Pini Azaria – Adv.
- 16:15–16:45 We comply but are we secured? What’s missing in the regulation – Dan Or-Hof Adv. CIPP/US, CIPP/EU
- 16:45 -17:00 Networking Break
- 17:00 -18:00 The Privacy Protection Authority Roundtable Panel – Limor Shmerling Adv. -Director of Strategic Alliance. Gili Basman Reingold Adv. General Counsel. The Israeli Law, Information & Technology Authority
Where and When
17 June, 2018 CyberWeek Tel Aviv University,Naftali Building, Room 527, 15:00-18:00